Having an event registration form is crucial for event organisers to manage attendees, receive payments, and market their event. Creating a user-friendly and informative registration form will simplify the process for attendees and provide you with all the necessary information to execute a successful event. Event managers are currently using reliable, dedicated event registration platforms to manage large databases of attendees and schedule event communications for onboarding all of their attendees. We’ve been building effective registration websites for our clients for a while now, so we know the right techniques you can use for your next event.
We’re going to give you six very important steps on how to create a successful registration form (or website) for an event:
- Determine the information you need to collect. What information do you need from attendees in order to run your event? This may include their name, email address, contact information, dietary restrictions, and payment information. What else is important to you?
- Choose a registration platform. There are many different registration platforms available, both free and paid. Choose a platform that best meets your needs and budget. Consider working with a team that knows how to build an effective website, whether it’s a one-pager or a multi-page website. Can we help you build your next event registration site?
- Design your registration form. Make sure your registration process is clear, concise, and easy to use. Use clear and concise language, and avoid asking for too much information. Use a professional design that matches your event branding.
- Add payment processing. If you are charging for your event, you will need to add a payment processing option to your registration form. There are many different payment processors available, such as Stripe, PayPal, and Square. Are you selling tickets for particular sessions or events?
- Promote your registration form or website. Once you have created your registration form, you need to promote it to potential attendees. Share the link to your form on your website, social media, and email marketing campaigns. Do you know your attendees already? Well, go ahead and create your first email communications and drive excitement to your event.
- Collect and manage your data. Once you have collected registration data, you need to store it in a safe and secure location. Our event management software stores the data, so you don’t have to use several spreadsheets.
By following these steps, you can create registration steps that will help you run a successful event.
Here are some bonus tips for creating an effective event registration form:
- Keep your form short and sweet. The longer your form is, the less likely people are to complete it. Only ask for the information you absolutely need. The crucial point to take away is to collect the relevant information.
- Use clear language. Avoid jargon and technical terms. Use simple language that everyone can understand.
- Use error messages to guide users. If a user enters incorrect information, provide clear and concise error messages that explain what went wrong and how to fix it. Add a support e-mail or contact address somewhere where your attendees can find it to contact you.
- Test your event registration thoroughly. Make sure your form works on all browsers and devices. Test it with different types of users to make sure it is easy to use for everyone.
- Make your form mobile-friendly. More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to access the internet. Make sure your form is mobile-friendly so that users can complete it on their mobile devices.
- Use a secure form processor. If you are collecting payment information, make sure you use a secure form processor that encrypts your data.
- Promote your event registration early and often. The earlier you start promoting your event, the more registrations you will receive. Share the link to your form on your website, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
We hope our tips were useful, so you can create an event registration form that will help you run a successful event, as well as providing the best possible experience for your attendees.
Be the first to hear the latest news from Crystal Interactive.