Gamification is the perfect way to incentivise attendees and get them actively involved in your event. Whether you want to encourage them to explore your venue, visit key exhibitor stands, meet new people, or complete learning-oriented tasks, gamifying your event app can add an exciting layer to your event, meeting, or conference.
Gamification is highly effective in creating active audience participation, and we work with our clients to review event goals and put bespoke games in place that will help support and achieve them. We'll make sure the game you choose fits seamlessly into your meeting design and will help drive meaningful action. Each activity or game you choose should serve a larger purpose, which in turn will help you achieve your event goals.
Gamification in practice
Our clients have increased engagement with exhibitors, improved networking and the number of connections made at an event, driven more interaction with content, increased visibility on their chosen social media channels, and much more by adding an incentive game. Games can create a real buzz and a playful atmosphere, and they can bring groups of people together if that's the goal.
There are many exciting ways to create memorable experiences for your attendees that can help enhance your planned activities, not detract from them. Here are just a few examples:
- Increase the usage of your event app and event engagement by awarding points for typical app activities such as messaging and photo uploads.
- Scavenger hunt: incentivise attendees to visit certain exhibitors, attend speaker or workshop sessions, and connect with sponsors to help drive traffic to those all-important areas.
- Increase social postings: create an event hashtag and promote it via your app. You can raise awareness of your hashtag in pre-event communications and ask attendees to share it in their social postings before, during, and after the event.
- Increase exposure to educational content with the inclusion of surveys and quizzes in the app, which are perfect for helping to test the knowledge of attendees following educational sessions and strengthen what they’ve learned.
- Boost peer-to-peer networking: clients use our smart badge solution to encourage attendees to click their wearable devices together to exchange contact details; every connection earns points to take them to the top of the leader board.
- Attendees can track the top performers on a leaderboard shown in the app, but you can also display the results via screens at the venue, which will encourage guests to improve their performance. Updates and notifications will encourage attendees to boost their scores.
- It’s important to ensure your attendees understand why they are being asked to participate in the game. Writing a strong in-app description of the game and using pre-event communications will help get registrants excited about the game (and the prizes).
- Don’t forget the prize!
You will need to consider the prize and how it relates to your event and audience. The prize should match the effort required to win it. You could also work the prize-giving into your meeting agenda or keep the game running after the event to encourage use of the app in the days following.
In our experience, gamification can help motivate attendees to participate, inspire interaction between attendees, exhibitors, and speakers, and help event organisers meet the goals for their event, so long as the game is properly designed and aligned to your event objectives.
To discuss our Event App, learn more about our range of event technology, and find out how we help our clients build audience engagement into their events, please contact us here.